One of our most popular member events returns to Palmdale for one day only. Credit union staff will be on hand to assist members and answer questions at our Palmdale Branch. A shred truck will be on hand accepting documents and other papers for shredding until 1 pm unless the truck fills up sooner (we sure hope not!) To help ensure all members get a chance to have sensitive papers properly and securely destroyed, we ask that members:
- Bring up to seven, easily lift-able (20 pounds or less) boxes.
- Only shred papers/documents that have personal information on them: bank statements and other financial papers that are no longer needed, old bills, and anything else with your name/address/phone, etc.
Do NOT bring non-sensitive papers including phone books, directories, newspapers, letters, etc. which should be placed in regular your recycle trash containers and not brought to the Shred event.
If you’d like to know more about this service, or have any questions, please call us at 661.952.5945, or contact us today.
Fraud Awareness – Protect Yourself
- Fraudsters are always at it. You may receive a fraud phone call fishing (phishing) they may ask for your credit or debit card number along with the CVV number, expiration date and other identifying personal information. The caller may claim to be an Edwards Federal Credit Union Credit employee and may say suspicious activity occurred on your account. These calls are NOT from Edwards Federal Credit Union.
- Edwards Federal Credit Union staff will NEVER call you and ask for your personal information relating to credit cards or your debit cards along with login information for online or mobile banking.
- Hang up immediately.
- To report the call or confirm that the call is fake, dial our number directly: 661-952-5945 DO NOT USE the caller’s number shown on your phone or use callback if the number is Edwards Federal Unions number. Fraudsters can mask actual numbers that is why we want you to call us direct.
- We recommend that you change your passwords for online and mobile banking if you receive a possible fraud call.
Fraud TEXT Alerts – Keep Your Transactions Safe
Our new advanced fraud detection service isn’t just FREE – it’s a vital step that Edwards Federal Credit Union takes to protect you when using our credit card or debit card services. If you carry an Edwards Visa® debit and/or credit card, you’re automatically enrolled!
Edwards Federal Credit Union works with Falcon® Fraud Protection Services to continuously monitor your Edwards Visa debit and credit cards to identify and prevent fraudulent transactions. When a suspicious transaction attempts to process on your Edwards debit or credit card, Falcon will send text messages to your phone number on file to confirm the transaction within minutes. If you confirm the transaction as accurate, the transaction proceeds. If you do not confirm, the card is blocked and you’ll be asked to call Falcon to review your transactions and open a fraud case.
Remember, like Edwards FCU, Falcon will NEVER ask you for your full credit or debit card number, the cards expiration date(s), or the security code on the back of any of your cards.
If you’d like to know more about this service, or have any questions, please call us at 877-256-3300, or Contact Us today.