WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW—OVERVIEW AND Q&A
Edwards FCU is undergoing a major system upgrade to our computer system. The upgrades will support new products and services you will begin to see in 2021, plus the upgrades will make it faster to process your transactions.
Services UNAVAILABLE from Friday, Dec. 4 at 12:01 AM Through Monday, Dec. 7 at Noon:
- Home and Mobile Banking
- Bill Payer UNAVAILABLE to schedule or make payments Dec. 4 through 7
You MUST schedule payments BEFORE December 4 or AFTER December 7
- Mobile Deposit
- Telephone Teller (Call 24)
- Lancaster Branch closed Dec. 5 & 6
Debit/ATM/ Cards will Work
- Debit & ATM cards will work at ATMs and Point of Sale (some transactions and functionality may be limited)
- Your Edwards FCU and JetHawks VISA Cards are not affected by the upgrade
Re-enroll on Mobile/Home Banking on December 7
- All Home Banking users must re-enroll. BUT your Username & Password do not change (if you have not changed your Password within 6 months, we suggest creating a new one when you re-enroll)
Click here for a video on how to re-enroll.
Introducing Joy, Our New Telephone Banking System
Joy is a natural voice telephone banking system; that means you can speak into your phone to ask Joy for your latest account balance, and much more; or you can use your keyboard if you prefer.
The access phone number for Joy is 661-485-5771 – dial that number and follow the directions below to enroll:
- Primary Account Holder
- When prompted, enter your account number & Social Security Number
- Create a 4-digit PIN and have it ready to enter when prompted
- Joint Account Holders – Create your Own Joy Account.
- When prompted, enter your account number and your own Social Security Number
- Create a 4-digit PIN and have it ready to enter when prompted
Click here for a complete list of Joy Telephone Banking Features.
Extra Staff Support for Members the Week of December 7
- During the week of December 7, we will have additional staff at both branches and our Call Center to address your questions and concerns
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What is a system upgrade?
The computer processing system that Edwards FCU uses to conduct transactions, maintain member information, and host all other operational and accounting functions are being upgraded to offer better service and to support current and future electronic banking products and services. A current, dynamic processing system is critical to providing fast, flexible, and reliable services.
How will members benefit from the system upgrades?
- You will be able to check account balances, make transfers, confirm deposits, etc. by TEXT msg
- The new system will enable our staff to process your transactions faster
- Joint account holders can have individual usernames and passwords to access their joint account
- Joint account holders can be added online.
- Members can open additional savings oriented accounts online, such as Money Market Accounts and Certificates
- Changes to email, phone, and address can be made online
- Members can make payments directly to other financial institutions
- Your statements will be cleaner and easier to read
- In the coming year, EFCU will begin to offer new and/or improved products such as business checking accounts, business loans, and much more
What you need to know about the upgrade’s impact on EFCU’s electronic banking services and its benefits:
- Mobile/Home Banking is not changing, but you will need to re-enroll in Mobile/Home Banking and Bill Payment when the upgrade is completed on Monday morning
- We recommend saving your two most recent bank statements in case you need them for reference; see DOWNLOAD YOUR STATEMENTS instructions below
- If you have accounts with two different mailing addresses the new system may not be able to accommodate two addresses; please contact the credit union to discuss your options
- Members can re-enroll in Mobile/Home Banking and Bill Payment with your current Username and Password. If you have NOT changed your password within 6 months, we suggest changing it during re-enrollment to help keep your accounts secure
- EFCU is introducing Joy, our new natural voice Telephone Banking System. There is no enrollment, just call 661-485-5771 to ask Joy for your account information.
Click here for a video on how to re-enroll for Online and Mobile Banking.
What is not changing in the system upgrade
- Mobile Deposit and Home Banking
- Account Numbers
- Routing Number and Transit Number
- Edwards FCU VISA Cards, JetHawks Cards, and PIN Numbers
- Edwards FCU Debit and ATM Cards and PIN Numbers
- Pre-authorized Payments
- Direct Deposits
- Bill Payment
Will my money be safe and secure during the upgrade?
Yes, your funds remain safe and secure. Your Edwards FCU accounts are fully insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) up to $250,000.
Will my personal data be secure during the system upgrade?
Yes, your personal data is safe and secure.
What if I have two accounts with different mailing addresses?
If you are the primary member but the accounts have different mailing addresses, our system upgrade may not be able to support both mailing addresses. Contact the credit union to discuss your options.
Will I need new deposit slips?
No, you will not need new deposit slips. Your account number is not changing
Will I still be able to use my checks?
Yes, you will be able to use your checks after the system upgrade; your account number will not change.
Will I notice any changes in my statements?
Yes, the look of your statements will be updated, but your account information will remain the same.
Will I be able to view my previous statements in online banking after the system upgrade?
Yes. Your previous statements will be available, but we recommend that you download your previous two months as a back-up. Previous account history will not be available in the new online banking system.
- Log in to Online Banking
- Select the MORE dropdown menu, then select STATEMENTS
- Select the statements you want to save and/or print. You must print out the statements or save them on your desktop, they will not be saved in the system.
What will happen to my direct deposit or ACH DEBITS during the upgrade weekend?
Direct Deposits and ACH debits that would normally post on Friday, December 4 will do so as usual. However, direct deposits and ACH debits received at 12:01 AM on Saturday, December 5, will not post until Monday, December 7.
Will my automatic payments continue to work?
Yes, all automatic payments and direct deposits will continue to post as usual after the system upgrade.
Will my debit card continue to work during the system update?
Your debit card will work, but some transactions might be limited, and balance inquiries will not be available.
Will I receive a new credit or debit card?
No. You will not need a new credit or debit card as all information will remain the same.
Will my EDWARDS FCU VISA CARD work?
Yes. Your Edwards FCU VISA Card and JetHawks Card will work as usual during the system upgrade.