HOW DOES VEHICLE REFINANCING WORK?
A look under the hood
Depending on various aspects, such as where you got your vehicle financed, your credit score at the time, down payment and more, various aspects of your loan could use some improvement at this point.
When you refinance your vehicle, you replace your current vehicle loan with a new one of different terms. Basically, vehicle refinancing is the process of paying off your current car loan with a new one, usually from a new lender. Most of us refinance to save money. Some wish to focus on lowering their monthly payments. Others want to reduce their interest rates or adjust their loan term lengths to pay off the loan faster and save more money.
Ways to save
1. Lower Your Monthly Payments
Vehicle loan refinancing can lower your monthly payments depending on the rate you currently have to what another lender can offer. This can have an immediate impact on a household’s monthly finances.
2. Lower Your Interest Rate
If we lower your interest, you’ll also reduce your monthly payments, because the amount owed is being reduced.
3. Change the length of your loan
Refinancing with an aim to change your loan term lengths can lower monthly payments by just changing how many months over which you pay for your loan amount.
Refinance with Edwards!
Some of the many benefits of an auto loan from Edwards FCU:
- NO application fees!
- Low monthly payments.
- Competitive interest rates.
- Flexible terms up to 84 months**.
- No pre-payment penalty.
- Convenient payment options online, by mail, through payroll deduction, or with automatic direct deposit.
* 1.99% Annual Percentage Rate for 48 months for new, used and auto loan refinances is the preferred member rate. Not all members qualify for this rate, however other rates and terms are available. 1% Cash Back offer applies to all funded loans of $10,000 or greater up to a $500 cash back maximum. This offer does not apply to indirect loans from auto dealerships. Existing Edwards loans not eligible for refinancing. All loans subject to credit approval. Offer expires 11/30/21. Contact the credit union for more details.
** 84 month terms available for loan amounts of $30,000+; Edwards members must reside in California to purchase through Autoland
Rates and terms are available based on credit rating and vehicle value. All loans are based on approved credit and we reserve the right to decline credit. Please call or check our Rates Page for additional information. Comprehensive, collision, and liability insurance coverage is required with deductibles of no more than $500. The vehicle title and insurance coverage must show Edwards FCU as the legal owner. The named person must sign all documentation required by Edwards FCU to allow the transfer.